Oasis Cardiff is a non-profit charity that aims to help Refugees and Asylum Seekers in Cardiff.
Our main aims and visions are to help Refugees and Asylum Seekers integrate within their local community. Not only do we encourage integration within our own community and culture but we are also keen to learn and be inspired by the cultures and traditions we are exposed to daily by our wonderful clients at Oasis.
Summary of the role:
We are wanting to employ 2 caseworkers, that will holistically support newly granted refugees, to ensure that they have all the information and advice they need to restart their lives here in Wales. This project is funded by Comic Relief for the next 5 years.
The role requires people to be knowledgable of the asylum and refugee process, willing to work in a flexible manner and passionate about seeing people live independently and thrive.
For more information, please see the job description below.
Refugee Integration Case Worker Job Description
Hours: Full time
Length: 5 years
Responsible and report to: The Director and Trustees of Oasis Cardiff
The role is to support recently granted refugees, with all aspects that they may find difficult in order
to integrate into the new community and develop their new life. The role will include:
• Developing mental health support both by accompanying clients as requested to appointments and by developing and/ or referring to well-being sessions.
• Provide accessible information tools around finances and housing
• To offer one to one support for individuals and map support needs.
• Supporting individuals in meetings with housing, doctors, school support.
• Develop the befriending scheme that will enable clients to have easy access to community
• Support and develop links to other organisations and places of cultural interest
• To develop digital training workshops
• To monitor the project and apply for further funding to develop the project.
• To work as part of the staff and volunteer team at Oasis Cardiff.
• To assist as required in the daily operation of Oasis Cardiff
• To carry out other tasks as requested by the Senior Management
• To support the development and positive profile of Oasis Cardiff
• Some travel required and the need to work out of hours on occasion (at the Senior Man-
Skills and Competence
• Knowledge of community services and the ability to form partnerships with organisations
• Experience of providing support, coaching or advice to marginalised communities\ ability to build relationships with people from a wide range of backgrounds, especially those for whom English is not their first language.
• A good level of knowledge around benefits and housing
• Well developed planning skills
• Demonstrate self-motivation and ability to work independently to meet deadlines
• Ability to effectively influence external partners and represent the work of the project clearly
both written and verbal formats
• Value base of respect for others.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• A strong level of computer literacy and the ability to support people with computer usage.
• Strong gender analysis skills and a commitment to promoting equal opportunities.
• Experience of providing support, training and advice specifically focused on housing and
• Experience of working with refugees
• Understanding of refugee rights to work, education and training.
• Awareness of the current policy climate around asylum and immigration in the UK and
• Experience of monitoring and evaluation
Closing date 5th July 2019
Interview date 16th July 2019
For more information regarding the post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or by post to Oasis Cardiff, 69b Splott Road, Cardiff, CF24 2BW